Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oscar Noms Are In!

The Academy Awards nominations were announced yesterday, and I am ashamed to say, I have seen virtually none of the nominated movies.

The Best Picture Nominees are:
  • “Black Swan” Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers
  • “The Fighter” David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers
  • “Inception” Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
  • “The Kids Are All Right” Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers
  • “The King's Speech” Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers
  • “127 Hours” Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers
  • “The Social Network” Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ce├ín Chaffin, Producers
  • “Toy Story 3” Darla K. Anderson, Producer
  • “True Grit” Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
  • “Winter's Bone" Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers 
and I've only seen Toy Story 3.

Sigh. And I call myself a film buff.

Well, I'm sure I'll be renting at least some of these in the coming weeks, and my husband and I are going to make an effort to see The King's Speech this weekend. I can tell you one thing- I'll never see Black Swan, or any other Darren Aronofsky film, after the trauma that was Requiem for a Dream. But I wish him all the best. :-/

So go to the Academy's site for the complete list of nominees and join me in furiously catching up over the next few weeks. And I'll see you at the Oscars on February 27!

5 comments:

  1. oh how I laughed over "the trauma that was Requiem for a Dream" That is seriously the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. I did really appreciate Black Swan, though.

    I've actually seen 7 of the 10 which shocked me. Toy Story 3 is my favorite. I haven't seen The King's Speech, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm glad to hear Black Swan wasn't as upsetting as Requiem! Oy.
    I loved Toy Story 3. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen 8 of the 10, but unless 127 Hours opens in Albany again, I won't make all ten before Oscar night. It's been a really good year for movies, I think. I didn't care for The Kids Are All Right and thought Toy Story 3 and The Social Network were just okay, but otherwise, I've loved them all. Happy viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen none of these, how sad is that? I just spoke with a work colleague this morning and he raved about The King's Speech!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny that you mentioned "the trauma that was Requiem for a Dream" -- I just saw it today. Egads! What a miserable movie. :-) Besides that, I got a headache for all the fast-paced, jumpy images and I think I need to be detoxed now. ;-)

    I've seen 4 movies on the Oscar list: Toy Story 3, The Kids Are All Right, Inception, and The Social Network. I thought they were all great. I want to see the others too, especially The King's Speech.

    http://laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete